Welcome to the Paid Insights Podcast. I’m glad you’re here. In the first episode, we are going through the first 7 AdWords settings to avoid (or use) when setting up your AdWords campaigns: Campaign Type Avoid the default setting here Campaign Sub-type Avoid the default here too – you miss out on: Location Settings Target … Read This Post
Paid Insights Podcast: AdWords & PPC Podcast
The Paid Insights Podcast is a PPC & AdWords Podcast where we analyze other company's ad campaigns so you can know what to do - and what not to do - for your business.
Plus the occasional special guest from other digital marketing experts!
I do a search on Google and critique the top AdWords ads (above the organic results) for several things, including:
- Do they use Extended Text Ads (2 headlines)?
- Is there a call to action?
- Do they mention features & benefits?
- Do they use ad extensions?
- Does the ad match the search?
Next, I obtain the landing page URL without clicking on the ad (I don't want the advertiser to pay for me to do a podcast). I analyze the landing page for many things. Some of them are:
- Does the offer match the ad?
- Is it well designed?
- Is the copy similar to the ad?
- Is it clear what to do next?
- Are there minimal options?
- Is it mobile-friendly or responsive?
- Does the form ask for too much info? Is it self-contained?
If you have any suggestions for searches I should do or improvements to the format, I'd love to hear!
Please leave a rating and review on iTunes to leave feedback.
P.S. Want to start your own podcast? Check out these podcast starter kit suggestions.